eps is a third party means of payment by the Austrian banks. To process eps via the Saferpay JSON API, a few things must be observed.
The handling of eps payments with Saferpay requires:
- A corresponding licence and thus the existence of a valid identification with a username and password for the Saferpay system.
- Availability of at least one active Saferpay terminal via which payment can be carried out, and availability of the associated Saferpay TerminalId.
- A valid acceptance agreement for eps.
- eps is only available via the PaymentPage flow.
- NotifyUrl: The NotifyUrl is mandatory, in order to avoid missing payment successes. See the Payment Page process for further information.
For eps activation Saferpay needs:
- Your eps Merchant ID.
- Your eps IBAN.
- Your eps BIC.
- Your eps PIN.
- The Currency your customers will purchase with eps.
- Your Saferpay Customer ID.
- The ID of the Saferpay eCommerce Terminal eps has to be added.
For eps activation on the Saferpay terminal, please inform our activation service about your eps credentials and the desired currency.
Please get in touch with your Austrian banking consultant.
While eps refunds via API are generally possible, you must be aware of certain restrictions:
- Transactions made before 18.05.2021 cannot be refunded, as they're made via an old protocol-version!
- Sometimes, Saferpay will not recieve the information necessary from eps, to be able to do a refund. In this case a refund will also not be possible!
- Only referenced refunds are possible, as eps does not support the generation of an alias!